This course offers a strong foundation and guide for anyone seeking to improve children’s opportunities for play in school, whether between classes or after. Each module includes a discussion of the topic by experienced professionals, case studies from schools in the US, UK and Australia, a key reading, and new vocabulary terms. The focus here is on building your capacity to make change, so reflective worksheets help you create your own site-specific plan of action.
- Foundations of Play Support
- Assessing and Enriching the Play Environment
- Sourcing, Selecting, and Storing Loose Parts
- Staffing Methods to Support Self-Directed Play
- Advocacy, Bureaucracy and Risk
- Making Changes in Practice
- What’s Next?
This course is ideal for:
- Educators, administrators and parents working in or primarily with schools
- People interested in playwork theory as applied to schools
This course is not for:
- People who want to become playworkers
- Those seeking play-based curricula or other educational approaches
Ready to begin providing opportunities for rich and transformative play within the school day? Please click here to enrol on our course!
How much does the course cost?
The course costs $216 per person.
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.